CANNABIS OPERATION 101
ERNEST MORIAL CONVENTION CENTER
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
8:30am + 12:00pm
This information packed 4-hour workshop will cover topics from cannabis basics, science, cannabis law, business and operations, extraction processes and horticulture. Taught by a panel of expert instructors, this workshop will focus on the following highlights:
- Understand your responsibilities and regulatory issues at the local, state & federal level as a cannabis business professional in the state of Illinois.
- Discuss the main areas of Cannabis business operations: Cultivation, Processing, Dispensary, Lab Testing, Security and Transportation.
- Understand and discuss the various business opportunities available in the field of cannabis.
- Explore the extraction process & different methods of ingestion such as cooking, topicals and vaporization.
- Learn best practices for starting any cannabis business, maintaining good operations & employee relations.
- Understand the main cannabinoids in cannabis (THC, CBD, CBN, etc) and what each can do for your patients and customers.
- Learn how to recommend the appropriate dosage and which cannabinoids / terpenes work best for symptoms associated with your patients’ and customers’ needs.
- Learn safety, social responsibility, and harm reduction strategies as they relate to cannabis use.
- Learn how to advocate for your business, and work with your local government & community.